If there’s one thing that spending a lot of time on social media has shown me, it’s that despite all our differences we, as human beings, are all essentially the same.
It doesn’t matter what walk of life you come from, or what your likes or dislikes are, there are a set of common shared experiences that most, if not all of us, can relate to.
So, at a time when we seem to be more divided than ever, I thought I’d share a few things that prove we have more in common with the next person than you might think.
- Everyone likes clean sheets and the cold side of the pillow.
- The majority of people need to leave things until the last minute, before feeling sufficiently motivated to do anything.
- We all like the smell of freshly cut grass.
- If you’re not a fan of hot buttered toast, are you even human?
- Getting to bed only to realise you forgot to put on clean sheets makes us all want to cry.
- We all want to love and to feel loved.
- We’ve all let out a fart and pretended it wasn’t us at least once.
- We all pace round the house when on the phone.
- And rehearse arguments in our head, just in case.
- We all hate traffic.
- And queuing.
- And the sound of snoring.
- And Youtube ads.
- And parents of young children hate the adverts that interrupt Peppa Pig on Youtube event more.
- Nobody likes running out of bread, or milk, or loo roll.
- We’ve all accidentally tried to make tea or coffee with cold water a bazillion times.
- And stubbed our toe on the corner of our beds.
- Toothpaste chiselled to the sink annoys approximately 80% of the population.
- And we all get bored.
- We all worry about dying or losing a loved one.
- We all have bad habits.
- And worry that shop assistants think we’re shoplifting.
- We all have times where we make phone calls and prey that no-one picks up.
- And we all think that everyone else knows what they’re doing, when really, they don’t have a clue.